eCenter
b***@newelba.com
2016-10-22 16:13:02 UTC
eCenter stop to show me opened applications without any reason.
Any idea ?

Thanks
A.D. Fundum
2016-10-22 21:55:22 UTC
Post by b***@newelba.com
eCenter stop to show me opened applications without any
reason.
Any idea ?
No reason, no idea.

Deleted widget (no undo option, so restore WPS, restore files, or
re-install)? eCenter settings/filters? CHKDSK? CHECKINI?

b***@newelba.com
2016-10-23 08:59:52 UTC
No error message, also when a windowisopen full screen normally when I go down with mouse the ecente will appear, it stop also this
A.D. Fundum
2016-10-24 11:28:43 UTC
Post by b***@newelba.com
No error message, also when a windowisopen
full screen normally when I go down with mouse
the ecente will appear, it stop also this
All of the above still matches the possibility of you having
accidently deleted a widget (or widgets). No widget anymore, no error
messages of a deleted widget.

Here: eCenter, blank space RMB, Delete widget... seems to be enough to
reproduce the first error. There's no "undo" option, according to the
warning,, so I won't try it. I don't know what you mean by going down
not working anymore, I may have a different version/widget.

b***@newelba.com
If for example you have opened firefox full screen the ecenter tool bar is not visible, so if you scoll down the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen the ecenter should appear
A.D. Fundum
2016-10-24 23:13:05 UTC
Post by b***@newelba.com
If for example you have opened firefox full screen the
ecenter tool bar is not visible, so if you scoll down the
mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen the ecenter
should appear
Allright, a maximized window instead of, for example, a full screen
CMD.EXE session. Back to the first problem:

Mouse to the eCenter -> RMB -> "eCenter settings" -> Widget tab

Do you still have the "Widget class" (second column) called
WindowList? AFAIK this widget should show the opened applications, and
it looks like it's quite easy to delete this widget forever.

b***@newelba.com
Is not there, how I can reinstall eCenter ?
A.D. Fundum
2016-10-27 08:19:24 UTC
Post by b***@newelba.com
Is not there, how I can reinstall eCenter ?
Dunno. I won't delete mine. The files with the e.g. Italian country
code and F*.CMD in x:\ECS\SYSTEM\EPWS\INSTALL? Install e.g. an Italian
XWP-1-0-9.ZIP? Restore a WPS backup? CHECKINI? Restore a backup?
Install CD files?

The first checkbox of the earlier eCenter settings is an option to
reduce the size of the workplace. If you maximize an OS/2 window, then
you still should be able to see the eCenter. This setting really
reduces the size of the desktop, so the available height of your
screen will by reduced by a few pixels (1024x744 instead of 1024x768,
for example).

Dave Yeo
2016-10-27 15:03:33 UTC
Post by b***@newelba.com
Is not there, how I can reinstall eCenter ?
Might be simplest to install xworkplace, it should inherit the eCenter
settings unless your install is seriously messed up.
Dave
b***@newelba.com
2016-11-02 10:59:16 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by b***@newelba.com
Is not there, how I can reinstall eCenter ?
Might be simplest to install xworkplace, it should inherit the eCenter
settings unless your install is seriously messed up.
Dave
Thanks, but I solved reinstalling fully eCs

Jean Marc