How to install latest Firefox in eCS 2.1
sctvguy1
2016-12-03 06:16:17 UTC
Been away from OS/2 since 2008, and recently installed eCS 2.1 in
a virtual box on my Centos Linux machine. It has the original Firefox
4.0.1, very out of date. I cannot remember all the things that I had to
do to install SM/Firefox in OS/2 back in the day. How do I go about it?
Also, the latest Thunderbird.
TIA
Dave Yeo
2016-12-04 05:36:40 UTC
Post by sctvguy1
Been away from OS/2 since 2008, and recently installed eCS 2.1 in
a virtual box on my Centos Linux machine. It has the original Firefox
4.0.1, very out of date. I cannot remember all the things that I had to
do to install SM/Firefox in OS/2 back in the day. How do I go about it?
Also, the latest Thunderbird.
TIA
Download and read the README.OS2. There are now a lot of dependencies,
the simplest is to use the Arca Noae Package Manager (ANPM). See Steve's
Warpzilla page at http://os2news.warpstock.org/Warpzilla.html for the
URLs and zips of the dependencies or if you want to go the RPM route,
simplest is to install https://repos.arcanoae.com/anpm/anpm_1_0_0.exe
The YUM/RPM route is kind of crappy and not really in the spirit of OS/2
but it does make things simpler and more and more programs have
dependencies that are best managed with it.
Dave
sctvguy1
2016-12-04 18:28:19 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by sctvguy1
[...]
Thank you, Dave. I intend on getting Blue Lion when it becomes
available. Right now, I am looking for an IBM PS/2 machine to load my
Warp Connect on!