ecomstation install format
dilbert firestorm
2015-07-30 10:07:04 UTC
one thing I forgot to ask about this

is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Dave Yeo
2015-07-30 14:48:38 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
dilbert firestorm
2015-08-01 01:27:33 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
that's what I was afraid of...

OS/2 2.1 30 3.5" disks
OS/2 4.0 3.5" disks & 6 CDs (not sure, but I don't feel like looking for it)

how many discs will this take???
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
dilbert firestorm
2015-08-01 01:49:27 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
that's what I was afraid of...
OS/2 2.1 30 3.5" disks
OS/2 4.0 3.5" disks & 6 CDs (not sure, but I don't feel like looking for it)
how many discs will this take???
forgot to mention that I purchased ECS from BMT Micro and noticed that
there were no shipping charge applied and wondered why... now I know.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Dave Yeo
2015-08-01 07:03:28 UTC
Hi Dilbert,
Seems a message vanished :)
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
that's what I was afraid of...
OS/2 2.1 30 3.5" disks
OS/2 4.0 3.5" disks & 6 CDs (not sure, but I don't feel like looking for it)
I remember one main CD for Warp V4 and a couple of dozen of floppies for
Warp 3 including 12 or so for the IAK and various bonus programs. IIRC
the OS was on 13 Floppies with most using an extended format (1.6 MB?)
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by dilbert firestorm
how many discs will this take???
The install DVD is just slightly bigger then a CD, so perhaps 1GB. It's
bootable but I'd guess you can do the 3 boot floppy disc route.
There are 2 other CD's with extra stuff on them but you don't need them
and disc #3 has a out of date OpenOffice on it.
Dave
A.D. Fundum
2015-08-01 12:57:27 UTC
noticed that there were no shipping charge applied
Maybe someone's grandchildren in your country can try to make money by
offering a cheap, burned DVD? Hopefully with a professional, legal
(copyrights, trademarks) DVD label.

No matter what a license is trying to tell you, it will always be
legal to offer you to download your file and to burn your DVD. Having
to use your own equipment isn't a requirement, so you can use the
equipment of someone's grandchildren.

Such a $5-$10 large-download-file service doesn't have to be free. The
grandchildren won't be making eBay-money by selling a free product.
I'ld even recommended a profit margin, because sometimes a burned DVD
won't work.

dilbert firestorm
2015-08-01 17:00:02 UTC
Post by A.D. Fundum
noticed that there were no shipping charge applied
Maybe someone's grandchildren in your country can try to make money by
offering a cheap, burned DVD? Hopefully with a professional, legal
(copyrights, trademarks) DVD label.
No matter what a license is trying to tell you, it will always be
legal to offer you to download your file and to burn your DVD. Having
to use your own equipment isn't a requirement, so you can use the
equipment of someone's grandchildren.
Such a $5-$10 large-download-file service doesn't have to be free. The
grandchildren won't be making eBay-money by selling a free product.
I'ld even recommended a profit margin, because sometimes a burned DVD
won't work.
--
no grand kids to speak of. still single.

I know how to do it, but don't like to work that hard to do that.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Allan
2015-08-08 10:03:25 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
that's what I was afraid of...
OS/2 2.1 30 3.5" disks
OS/2 4.0 3.5" disks & 6 CDs (not sure, but I don't feel like looking for it)
how many discs will this take???
forgot to mention that I purchased ECS from BMT Micro and noticed that
there were no shipping charge applied and wondered why... now I know.
The DVD media can be purchaged separately, when you have a valid
license. Price is $20 (+shipping). I just checkked, and BMT Micro does have
it - look for eComStation Media Pack.
--
Allan.

It is better to close your mouth, and look like a fool,
than to open it, and remove all doubt.
dilbert firestorm
2015-08-12 01:51:37 UTC
Post by Allan
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
one thing I forgot to ask about this
is this Operating system downloadable or do you get that as a cd/dvd disc?
You download the ISO and burn it to DVD yourself.
Dave
that's what I was afraid of...
OS/2 2.1 30 3.5" disks
OS/2 4.0 3.5" disks & 6 CDs (not sure, but I don't feel like looking for it)
how many discs will this take???
forgot to mention that I purchased ECS from BMT Micro and noticed that
there were no shipping charge applied and wondered why... now I know.
The DVD media can be purchaged separately, when you have a valid
license. Price is $20 (+shipping). I just checkked, and BMT Micro does have
it - look for eComStation Media Pack.
ok thanx for the info. I think I saw that but did now know what it
meant as the description of item wasn't very clear of its purpose.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
A.D. Fundum
2015-09-20 15:47:24 UTC
BMT Micro does have it -
look for eComStation Media Pack.
So does Xeu. For example:

https://shop.ecomstation.com/ecomstation-2-1/ecomstation-2-1-home-stud
ent-english-mediapack.html

"The $20 (excl. VAT?) eComStation mediapack (installation CD (or
DVD?), bonus applications CD, OpenOffice.org 3.x for eComStation CD,
installation guide of 70+ pages) is convenient for those that are not
able to create the eComStation installation media themselves. It is
not required as all media can be downloaded directly as well.".