Software Services
Barbara
2015-08-04 12:50:04 UTC
Where's the best place to find information about the various eCS
subscription software services? Do they all have the same content?

A search comes up with Mensys, eComstation.com, Arca Noae, XEU.com and
maybe others. I have been subscribed with Mensys until someone said
they were no longer providing useful updates. That subscription has
expired.

And of course, news.ecomstation.nl server is onffine again so I can't
search previous posts that might have a clue.
Barbara
Dave Yeo
2015-08-04 14:51:23 UTC
Post by Barbara
Where's the best place to find information about the various eCS
subscription software services? Do they all have the same content?
A search comes up with Mensys, eComstation.com, Arca Noae, XEU.com and
maybe others. I have been subscribed with Mensys until someone said
they were no longer providing useful updates. That subscription has
expired.
And of course, news.ecomstation.nl server is onffine again so I can't
search previous posts that might have a clue.
At this point it seems that only Arca Noae is producing actual
code/updates. XEU claims that they're going to release eCS2.2 later this
year but it probably won't be much different then the 2.2 2nd beta.
Mensys is only hosting some stuff as they've sold/transfering(?) the eCS
stuff to XEU.
So if you own 2.2b2, then Arca Noae is all you need for now. When and if
Xeu releases 2.2, they can be revisisted.
Dave
ps this is only my understanding and others might have a different take.
Barbara
2015-08-04 15:45:34 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by Barbara
[...]
Thanks Dave. I just installed eCS 2.2b2 on an IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre
dual processor machine and it's giving me fits with startup and
shutdown. It looked like Arca Noae had the updated ACPI package which
may be what I need.
Barbara
James J. Weinkam
2015-08-05 01:35:09 UTC
Post by Barbara
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by Barbara
[...]
Once you have registered with Arca Noae and purchased your subscription there are several updates available to you.
Here are the ones I have found beneficial on my T60:

ACPI 3.22.08
AHCI 1.32 to operate the SATA hard drive
DANIS 1.08.15 to operate the PATA DVD burner
JFS 1.09.06 faster boot up autocheck when all drives are clean
Panorama 1.07
USB 11.12 (11.13 seemed to make performance worse so I reverted to 11.12)

Even though these are installed by Warpin, some of them warn that uninstalling them with Warpin is not sufficient to
back them out, so be sure you have an up-to-date backup to restore in case you want to revert to an earlier version.
Barbara
2015-08-05 02:25:13 UTC
Post by James J. Weinkam
Post by Barbara
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by Barbara
[...]
Thanks. I'll check the Arca Noae website later. I tried this morning
and kept getting this error:

"Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which
is required by WordPress"

Got through to them by email to learn they had a server failure. I'm
having all kinds of good luck lately... :(
Barbara
Dave Yeo
2015-08-05 02:21:39 UTC
Post by Barbara
Thanks Dave. I just installed eCS 2.2b2 on an IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre
dual processor machine and it's giving me fits with startup and
shutdown. It looked like Arca Noae had the updated ACPI package which
may be what I need.
Another advantage of Arca Noae is that they actually respond to bug
reports.
Dave