Large monitoprs and DVI
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2014-02-20 00:20:34 UTC
I recently replaced a dead monitor with an ASUS PB278 monitor that has
higher (2560x1440) resolution. The documentation says that with VESA
it won't support better than 1920x1200, and, indeed, that was the
highest that SNAP would allow me to select. I disconnected the VESA
cable and connected a DVI cable, but now SNAP reports that it is
unable to do an auto detect and won't let me select better than
1280x1024. I'm running eCS 2.0 GA.

Is this an issue that is addressed with a SNAP upgrade?

reply to ***@library.lspace.org
Peter Brown
2014-02-20 01:17:45 UTC
Hi
Post by Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
I recently replaced a dead monitor with an ASUS PB278 monitor that has
higher (2560x1440) resolution. The documentation says that with VESA
it won't support better than 1920x1200, and, indeed, that was the
highest that SNAP would allow me to select. I disconnected the VESA
cable and connected a DVI cable, but now SNAP reports that it is
unable to do an auto detect and won't let me select better than
1280x1024. I'm running eCS 2.0 GA.
Is this an issue that is addressed with a SNAP upgrade?
Have you tried using GAMode to create the correct resolution for the
monitor?

See the snapos2.pdf for details.

Regards

Pete
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2014-02-20 21:49:51 UTC
Post by Peter Brown
Have you tried using GAMode to create the correct resolution for the
monitor?
Failed to add mode 1920 x 1200 x 16!

It hung when I tried it with some other combinations.

reply to ***@library.lspace.org