scroll wheel mouse with eCS 2.1
Heiko Schafberg
2013-12-30 19:11:39 UTC
Hello
How to activate the scroll wheel at my Logitech mouse? I tried several sttings but nothings worked. It's an USB cordless optical mouse.
thanx
Heiko
Andreas Schnellbacher
2013-12-30 20:25:35 UTC
Post by Heiko Schafberg
How to activate the scroll wheel at my Logitech mouse? I tried
several sttings but nothings worked. It's an USB cordless optical
mouse.
Have tried other usb drivers?

Additionally there are two mouse drivers to test: AMouse and SMouse.
SMouse is not able to handle higher mouse resolutions. AMouse doesn't
work for older Thinkpad trackpoints. There were a few updates for
AMouse in the meantime. If possible, test the newest versions.
Andreas Schnellbacher
Heiko Schafberg
2013-12-31 15:58:29 UTC
Post by Andreas Schnellbacher
Post by Heiko Schafberg
How to activate the scroll wheel at my Logitech mouse? I tried
several sttings but nothings worked. It's an USB cordless optical
mouse.
Have tried other usb drivers?
Additionally there are two mouse drivers to test: AMouse and SMouse.
SMouse is not able to handle higher mouse resolutions. AMouse doesn't
work for older Thinkpad trackpoints. There were a few updates for
AMouse in the meantime. If possible, test the newest versions.
--
Andreas Schnellbacher
One thing I have forgotten is that the mouse i connected throu a PS/2 adapter. When I remove it and connect to an USB port I can move the mouse but no buttons work. Where can I change the mouse? I tried an USB cable mouse and the problem was the same.
regards
Heiko
Dave Yeo
2013-12-31 17:49:16 UTC
Post by Heiko Schafberg
How to activate the scroll wheel at my Logitech mouse? I tried
several sttings but nothings worked. It's an USB cordless optical
mouse.
Have tried other usb drivers?
Additionally there are two mouse drivers to test: AMouse and SMouse.
SMouse is not able to handle higher mouse resolutions. AMouse doesn't
work for older Thinkpad trackpoints. There were a few updates for
AMouse in the meantime. If possible, test the newest versions.
--
Andreas Schnellbacher
One thing I have forgotten is that the mouse i connected throu a PS/2 adapter. When I remove it and connect to an USB port I can move the mouse but no buttons work. Where can I change the mouse? I tried an USB cable mouse and the problem was the same.
regards
Heiko
IIRC, eCS installed both amouse.sys and mouse.sys and I had similar
behaviour. Remming out mouse.sys fixed it for me.
Dave
Heiko Schafberg
2014-01-01 17:55:51 UTC
Post by Heiko Schafberg
[...]
Thanx, it works!
I remmed out mouse.sys und activated amouse.sys. Now I like my eCS.
best regards
Heiko

Dave Yeo
2013-12-31 02:46:39 UTC
Post by Heiko Schafberg
Hello
How to activate the scroll wheel at my Logitech mouse? I tried several sttings but nothings worked. It's an USB cordless optical mouse.
thanx
Heiko
Amouse allows my Logitech cordless USB mouse to work fine. Only minor
problem is it thinks it has 10 buttons when it actually has 7 (the wheel
is actually buttons 4 and 5)
Dave