ecomstation editions...
dilbert firestorm
2015-07-23 08:13:54 UTC
what's the difference between the business edition and the home/student
edition?
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
A.D. Fundum
2015-07-23 15:10:12 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the difference between the business edition and the
home/student edition?
IIRC mainly the number of allowed installs, if you are a common home
user with a normal number of machines.

dilbert firestorm
2015-07-25 00:55:39 UTC
Post by A.D. Fundum
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the difference between the business edition and the
home/student edition?
IIRC mainly the number of allowed installs, if you are a common home
user with a normal number of machines.
--
ok thanx for the info...

remove *byteme* to email me
Dave Yeo
2015-07-23 15:48:27 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the difference between the business edition and the home/student
edition?
IIRC, the license. If you need more then 5 licenses, you have to buy the
business edition.
Dave
dilbert firestorm
2015-07-25 00:58:05 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the difference between the business edition and the home/student
edition?
IIRC, the license. If you need more then 5 licenses, you have to buy the
business edition.
Dave
the home version goes up to 3 licenses, but the business version is 5 or
more? the business version isn't very clear how many licenses it can go
up to.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Dave Yeo
2015-07-25 01:13:41 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the difference between the business edition and the home/student
edition?
IIRC, the license. If you need more then 5 licenses, you have to buy the
business edition.
Dave
the home version goes up to 3 licenses, but the business version is 5 or
more? the business version isn't very clear how many licenses it can go
up to.
I should have said 3 licenses. I guess the business license goes to
whatever you pay for.
Dave
A.D. Fundum
2015-07-26 19:19:45 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
I should have said 3 licenses. I guess the business license
goes to whatever you pay for.
The specific number of required licenses in unknown, but if the
number of installs per user user exceeds 3, then officially a business
license per user is required.

So each user requires an own license. I'm one user, most likely with
more than 3 installs,so I need one business license. I haven't bought
it yet, because of the available languages, the lack of a cheaper a
upgrade license, and only one machine won't work with eCS v1.2.