ecomstation version?
dilbert firestorm
2015-01-16 08:22:18 UTC
what's the current version of ecomstation now at?

looking at possibly updating my OS/2 warp machine. It hasn't been
updated since the late 1990's.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Dave Yeo
2015-01-16 18:10:57 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the current version of ecomstation now at?
looking at possibly updating my OS/2 warp machine. It hasn't been
updated since the late 1990's.
Newest is still eCS 2.2b2
Dave
dilbert firestorm
2015-01-17 10:44:16 UTC
Post by Dave Yeo
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the current version of ecomstation now at?
looking at possibly updating my OS/2 warp machine. It hasn't been
updated since the late 1990's.
Newest is still eCS 2.2b2
Dave
that version is beta isn't it? that'd make 2.2 current then.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
Robert Wolfe
If you want the beta version. Other than that, I believe it is 2.1.
Andreas Schnellbacher
2015-01-18 00:51:24 UTC
Newest is still eCS 2.2b2 Dave
If you want the beta version. Other than that, I believe it is 2.1.
eCS 2.1 or any other version of it is more beta than the latest one.
Get eCS 2.2b2, if you have eCS Software Subscription. Additionally,
who knows if or when eCS 2.2 will ever be released?

There exists a few "good" versions in the eCS history. Not always were
they GA (non-beta) versions. Even a "good" version is nowadays getting
more and more useless. In some cases even the newest eCS version can't
be installed from DVD. It has to be cloned from another machine then.
Andreas Schnellbacher
sctvguy1
2015-01-16 18:55:45 UTC
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the current version of ecomstation now at?
looking at possibly updating my OS/2 warp machine. It hasn't been
updated since the late 1990's.
What version are you running? I still have OS/2 Warp Connect. I have
Warp 4 and 4.52 and eComStation on disk, but I do not want to mess with
what works. I tried, unsuccessfully to install eComStation 2.2 on a
Lenovo Thinkpad T400.
dilbert firestorm
2015-01-17 10:43:03 UTC
Post by sctvguy1
Post by dilbert firestorm
what's the current version of ecomstation now at?
looking at possibly updating my OS/2 warp machine. It hasn't been
updated since the late 1990's.
What version are you running? I still have OS/2 Warp Connect. I have
Warp 4 and 4.52 and eComStation on disk, but I do not want to mess with
what works. I tried, unsuccessfully to install eComStation 2.2 on a
Lenovo Thinkpad T400.
4.52 I think. It was the last update by IBM.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me